Saturday, March 12, 2005

A Whole New Meaning To Finger Food

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It was my birthday yesterday, and I had made dinner reservations at a Moroccan restaurant. But first, my good friend, Wes did buy me a dove.(Wes is in the picture) I had a post before about wanting a dove for my birthday, and he actually came through. The dove is so sweet, I named her Melodi, for what reason you may ask? When I play my guitar her feather poof up and she looks like a porcupine. Therefore she must like the sound of the music. Music=Melodi makes sense. (makes sense to me at least and yes I changed the "y" to and "i")

The place we went to was called "The Moroccan Castle". On the inside it was dark, and the only source of light were the lanterns hanging on the wall. There were carpets hanging from the ceiling, which gave the place a "tent" look. We sat in a booth full of pillows and the booth itself was VERY low to the ground. The food was awesome and we got to eat with our fingers. Eating with our fingers makes us really realize that monkeys are our anscenters. My brother, Koden, made me realize that. I glance over at hima nd he's picking through his food just like on orangutan would. The chef made me this birthday cake, it was only about the size of....half a small pizza maybe smaller. But it's delicious insides won me over. It was like a huse pile of blacava. Almonds, pistachios, raisins, icing sugar, pastry all mendled up in, what almost looks like a Boston cream doughnut. Oh man, doughnuts. I am going to timmy ho's.....I bet when you are reading this I am scarfing down chocolate dip doughnuts. Maybe even timbits....along with an ice cappicino. OKAY I'm leaving now....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh yeah, this is Melodi.