Monday, March 07, 2005

Homeless

The warm, melodious sun slowly rises,
my damp, cool body will soon be emerged in the tenderness of the light.
The darkness begins to disappear as the searing sun creeps over the summits of the buildings,
the everlasting drudge of darkness is swept away by the eternal bliss of daylight.

The moist, cloudy condensation from my breath vanishes,
small icicles beneathe me begin to slothfully melt into grimy puddle of mud.
My stomach aches in pain as it has longed for food for such an eternity,
food that would be able to nourish and feed my detrimental, emaciated body.

I arise from the depths of soiled cardboard and crumpled news papers.
Another day begins, as I saunter out of the murky alley and into the radiant, open streets.
My hunger grows intensely stronger.
My hand gradually make their way down to my pockets to only find 3 quarters.

"please sir?" I ask a passing man.
He replies to me only in a devastating, annoyed stare. Looking at me as if I were only fungi.
Another man passes, "God bless you!" I declare,
as he drops minimal pocket change into my shabby, aged hat.

My hunger spent after I gorged down two doughnuts and a double chocolate cookie.
Day by day I look to eating the splenders of sugar,
that is the one and only reason I sould stay on this cruel world.

Soon the afternoon passes, then the lightness begins to plummet,
dropping harmoniously into the beautiful pinks skies of the west.
Creating a perfect picture over the Rocky Mountains.

Sitting alone, nothing to do, nothing to say.
The atrocious eternity of merciless silence,
day in and day out.

The ghastly darkness begins to takeover the breathtaking light,
slinking over the orange ambiance of sky.

I begin to lurch back into the glommy alleys where I had arised.
Gradually I lay back down to rest;
for there is nothing to accomplish in the nadir of the dark.

Shadows tiptoe over my smutty body,
and soon I will be lost, once again in the everlasting darkness of my home.
No, not a home. For the alleys are not a place to live,
I am homeless.